For Winter Olympic fans that want to cheer for two local skiers, Palisades Tahoe is holding a Men’s Downhill Watch Party on Saturday (Feb. 5).
PALISADES TAHOE OLYMPIANS
- AJ Hurt: Alpine skiing, two-time National Alpine champion
- Bryce Bennett: Alpine skiing, ranked 7th in the World in Downhill
- Keely Cashman: Alpine skiing, 2020 NorAm overall winner
- Travis Ganong: Alpine skiing, 2015 World Championship Downhill silver medalist
This free event starts with a parade through The Village at Palisades Tahoe, beginning outside the Coffeebar and ending in the Plaza Bar. The Sierra Swiss Club will be in attendance with their authentic Swiss Cowbells. Guests of all ages are welcome to attend and celebrate the famed ski resort’s Olympic heritage. It hosted the 1960 Winter Games.
Following the parade at 6:30 pm, Palisades will be hosting a Q&A session with four-time Olympian Marco Sullivan, who has raced more World Cup Downhills than any other American male.
Bill Hudson, former Olympian and U.S. Ski Team member, will also take part in the Q&A session.
- 5:15 pm: Parade lineup, at Palisades Village Coffeebar
- 5:30 pm: Parade conclusion, at The Palisades Village Plaza Bar
- 6:30 pm: Q&A with Olympians Marco Sullivan and Bill Hudson at Plaza Bar
- 7 pm: Olympic Men’s downhill, at Plaza Bar (7 TV screens)