The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe will host a fun weekend of unusual events to celebrate the 32nd annual Lake Tahoe Autumn Food & Wine Festival.
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe, located mid-mountain at Northstar California, will welcome food enthusiasts to the property on September 8-10, 2017 to celebrate the Food & Wine Festival. The resort will partake in the festivities
by hosting special events highlighting its outstanding food and beverage program, including Art of Mixology, The Backyard Brick Oven Experience, Mountainside Stargazing with Tahoe Star Tours, Tahoe LongTable Harvest Dinner and Sunday Champagne Brunch.
“The Autumn Food & Wine Festival is a beloved event in the community. I feel very fortunate to lead our culinary team in representing The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe for my first year as a participant,” said Mark Jeffers, executive chef of The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe. “I have some exciting things in store for our festivities throughout the weekend and look forward to welcoming our guests.”
Special events scheduled at the resort during the Lake Tahoe Autumn Food & Wine Festival include:
- Art of Mixology: Friday, September 8 | 3:45-5 p.m. | $60 per person. This entertaining,educational experience will feature freshly cut herbs and classic ingredients (such as bitters and infused liquors) to create three unique cocktails paired with appetizers. Guests will enjoy this workshop al fresco at The Backyard Bar & BBQ. Advance purchase of tickets is required. Walk-ins will be accepted on a space-available basis. Price inclusive of tax, minimum age applies for participation.
- The Backyard Brick Oven Experience: Friday, September 8 | 5-6 p.m. | $15 per child pizza (ages 12 and under)./ The resort’s culinarians will teach children the art of building their own gourmet pizzas in this interactive experience. The young chefs will work with the culinary team to stretch dough, choose toppings and fire their creations in the backyard brick oven.
- Mountainside Stargazing with Tahoe Star Tours: Café Blue & The Meadows | Friday, September 8 | 8:15 – 10:30 p.m. | $40 per adult, $20 per children (Ages 12 and under). Explore the night sky viewing the Cosmos with star guide and poet Tony Berendsen in an educational night that includes a laser tour of the constellations, telescopic viewing, a fun space quiz with prizes, poetry reading, and more.
- Tahoe Long Table Harvest Dinner: Saturday, September 9 | 6-9:00 p.m. | $155 per person. Prepared by Executive Chef Mark Jeffers of The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe, the Tahoe Long Table Harvest Dinner will feature a family-style dinner presentation of a special harvest menu that incorporates the freshest, locally-sourced, sustainable ingredients. This farm-to-table dinner will seat guests together at a long table on the outdoor Fireside Terrace paired with wines from Grgich Hills Estate.
- Champagne Brunch: Sunday, September 10 | 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. | $69 Adults and $19 Children (Ages 6 to 12). Enjoy a seasonally-focused brunch menu, featuring a chilled seafood display, a carving station, salads, cheese and charcuterie, along with breakfast favorites and desserts. Unlimited Champagne and Bloody Mary Bar included. Advance reservations are recommended by contacting Manzanita at (530) 562-3050.
- Grand Tasting & Culinary Competition: Sunday, September 10 | 1-4 p.m. | $75 per person advance/$95 day-of. The Grand Tasting features premium wines, spirits and brews in a battle to present the best marriage, which includes participation from The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe culinary team. Judged by a panel of food and wine industry experts, pairings are available for ticketholders to enjoy. Tickets can be purchased and more information about the weekend’s event can be found online at www.TahoeFoodandWine.com.
To celebrate the Lake Tahoe Autumn Food & Wine Festival, The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe is also offering its Bed & Breakfast Room Package throughout the event dates, which includes a full American breakfast for two guests (per person daily) in Cafe Blues or the resorts signature restaurant, Manzanita. Starting rate is $539.00 per room, per night for deluxe accommodations (package also available in a one-bedroom suite).
To confirm hotel reservations at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe please contact your travel professional, visit www.ritzcarlton.com/laketahoe or call reservations toll-free at 800-241-3333.
For more information about events and to make dining reservations at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe, please call 530-562-3000.